Sunday, December 9, 2012

Birdy

AHHH OH MY GOD THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING COVER! Beautiful cover. Seriously. It’s Bon Iver’s Skinny Love, covered by Birdy. Listen to it. Here it is. This isn’t the official music video, but I like this one more.
 

I don't know why it took me so long to realize that I could add embed stuff into posts rather than just using links... For some reason vimeo seems more embed-able than youtube. 

Don’t read what’s below until you listen to it. I don’t want to influence you too much before you listen to the song, even though I was all ecstatic above and have already caused you to have high-ish expectations. It’s kind of like stripped down but blurry. It’s not quite bare because of the glow-echoing sound, so I don’t want to say it’s like that. It’s just simple I guess. At first I thought the close face shot would be awkward, but now I really like it. It just seems honest because it’s continuously trained on her face, so any awkward pauses are recorded, and I bet the singer is slightly uncomfortable (er, I’d be) and it just seems so normal that her eyes would flit off to the sides during pauses. Her voice. Oh my god. Anyway, my favorite parts are 2:39(obviously) and 0:40(whenever her voice does that almost-faltering-sound as it goes up) and the beginning. 

 You should also listen to her cover of The District Sleeps Alone Tonight by The Postal Service. I might as well just emb(ed?) this one too:

1 comment:

Tyrah Dae said...

Hi, I was wondering what you searched for the gadget of the button that says, "*poke*" and ":D" then once you click it, it says, "ow." I'd love to know! :D