Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1: Camp NaNoWriMo & BrieAd

I’m taking on a challenge this month! Camp NaNoWriMo starts today (I guess it’s yesterday now). If you don’t know what that is, it’s basically National Novel Writing Month but in April and July (usually it’s held in November). The goal is to write 50,000 words by the end of the month, and those words are supposedly part of a novel. Laurapoet is participating in it, and I thought it would be fun to do too! Although I’m just going to ignore the novel part and go for 50,000 words of whatever I feel like writing just to write. I’ll be posting daily (er, almost), so every post will count as part of my 50,000. Split up and rounded up a bunch, that would be about 1700 words a day! Since I won’t really write a 1700 word blog post every day, I’ll just blog and then write whatever else I feel like writing for the rest of my 1700 words. I’ve got a lot of freedom with this, which is awesome! Exciting stuff! Ahh!

Anyway it turns out that I wrote a whole bunch for a blog post but there’s just too much stuff I’d need to collect to finish it today SO I’ll just be scooting that to another post. And tomorrow... there won’t be a post. Which is a terrible way to start this, but I’ll be away from the computer all day! I’ll still be writing with pen and paper so I’ll type that up later when I’m near a computer and count that as part of the word count for that day.

So now that that’s announced and ‘official’ and everything, today I went to one of laurapoet’s writing meetings, where we wrote and talked and ate patriotic brownies! And vanilla ice cream! It was fun! So I think I’ll share what I wrote sometime later. It just feels weird to sandwich it in the middle of a post because then I have to introduce it or something. Boop. This is terrible. I keep introducing things like the-stuff-I-was-GOING-to-post and the-writing-thing-I-did-at-the-writing-meeting-that-I-will-post!-but-later and so all this is really is just an announcement. So I’m just going to find a really interesting link or adorable picture as a brief addition...

I just googled “sad bread” and this one is really cute so here you go
by Jonathan Burrello, click

So now it’s no longer July 1st, but I stopped and got the word count for all I’d written before 12:01am so I’ll just post that number at the end of this post. I’ll be doing that for every post this month, although the word count at the end stands for the number of words written that day, not for that blog post. That’s all!

Also just for personal reference and semi-notice, since I just remembered, I REALLY NEED TO TALK ABOUT WEBCOMICS AND IFICTION AND CERTAIN ANIME AND BOOKS maybe. I’ll ramble about those in some other posts. This IS A TERRIBLE PROCRASTINATING POST I’M SORRY AHH

Tooday(yesterday): 1257 words

1 comment:

Laura Mills said...

Yay I'm so excited! I can't wait for you to post what you wrote at Words for Dessert. I remember having so much I wanted to say about it but I never got the chance to read it again. So don't neglect it. It deserves to be read :) Also, for inspiration, my favorite youtuber is doing a video every day in July. They are short but beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdDATlLXHmg&list=UUxrleVdsoMCBnUCZyPivOmA