Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wahoo! Clean room!

Well, four of my friends came over, re-organized, de-clutterized, and cleaned up my room.

It started one day when a friend of mine decided that it would be so much fun to clean up my room. And so all of us just chose to do that one day because its fun to clean up other people's rooms, just never your own. We also made a group playlist and each added songs to it to listen to while we were organizing.

Before, my room was full of stuff, but according to them it was cluttered. I think it was pretty clean, except my closet, bookshelves, and the space under my bed was bursting with stuff. Of course, I laid down 5 rules, which they agreed to, and were all broken.

1. Don't touch the books or pig collection on the bookshelves.
2. Please clean up one area at a time in case we don't finish and half my room is still dead.
3. Don't mess with the stuff in the drawers.
4. Don't throw away anything without my consent!
5. Don't break anything.

#2 Step one to cleaning up a room is to mess it up. From all areas of the room, socks, clothes, and everything was being thrown into one big pile in the middle of the floor. Everyone's stuff was in the bathroom, and the springs and backing of my old bed were being stuffed under my bed, while my other friends were pulling out the paper and books from under my bed so there was room for the old-bed-stuff.

#3 Two of my friends tried to cram a plastic box of 200 crayons into my craft drawer. The drawer wouldn't open enough to take out my craft box, so we tried to pull the box out and succeeded after it was crushed. And then after my help, the drawer would barely open at all. But finally, my friend miraculously got the crayons out and we then stuffed everything back into the drawer.

#4 They tried to throw away my old Disney posters and cards which I don't have up anymore, but I already had a nice little collection, but they insisted on throwing em away because it was going to grow bigger and I was too old for it all. So they asked, but didn't listen to me anyway. :)

#5 There is a slight dent on my closet door. I'm not really sure how that happened.

Some of the wonderful additions and improvements:

All my clothes are hung up, and the boxes have been moved to the side so you can actually walk into it. All the luggage is stacked on the poor little shelf above.

The space between my bed and the wall is actually clear except for the extra mattress. We threw all the squishy pillows and too-small-to-sleep-on pillows into the area and laid down a blanket, so now there's a nice little reading corner right under the giant window.

The pile that has accumulated in front of my bookcases is gone. Before, there were almond jars filled with trinkets and ribbons and random things inside. Now all the jars have been transported to different places. I actually have one empty one under the desk as a trash can now.

The space under my bed has more room for stuff now! Although I'll try not to put more stuff under it.

A bunch of stuff is being thrown out. Its still in a pile in the hallway, but it'll disappear soon.

From an idea from one of my friends, a rope is tied between the two things on the end of my bed, and all my old stuffed animals(which were previously stacked in a row on my old mattress) are sitting in a row between my bed and the rope.

A collage we made over winter break is hung up on my wall.

My friends ambushed me while I was looking for my camera.

Afterwards, for some reason I was mad and started cleaning up all the tiny leftover things(like moving the mattress back and re-organizing my drawers so I knew where everything was again) and now my room is completely clean.

That was fun. :)

Listening to: How Six Songs Collide by Norwegian Recycling (from our group playlist)

2 comments:

Laurapoet said...

YAY!! You know u luv us!

Indigo said...

Yes, yes I do.