Monday, January 18, 2010

Sites You Need to Sign Up At

I love these sites. They all have some kind of use. Try them out.

Quizlet - Online flash cards. This site helps you memorize things so quickly. I use it to study for vocabulary sometimes. And it doesn't look yucky either. I hate it when sites have a great idea and use and stuff, but it looks tacky. But this one even has nice animation! Yay! Try out the little sample on the homepage.

Playlist.com - Just compile all your favorite songs here. Each playlist can hold up to 200 songs, I think. I usually have 2. One for all the songs I like, and then one for just replaying a small group so I can just listen to what I feel like listening to at the moment. It's also great because you can use the search bar while listening to music at the same time. So it doesn't stop the music everytime you search up an artist or song.

Remember the Milk - This is an online to-do list. laurapoet introduced me to this one. I just signed up a few days ago. It's easy to use, and has an awesome name. I usually just rattle off everything in the little blank-where-you-type-tasks and press enter after each task. Then all I have to do is just click it off my favorites and then check off what I've done. You can even share to-do lists, if you like.

Flickr - This is a site with photos. Like DeviantArt except with only photography. Like photobucket but without all the tiny icons and animations. And much better photos than the kind you'll find on Google images. I mainly use this for favorite-ing amazing photos. Really, just type in a word and out comes all these gorgeous and cool and amazing and snazzy photos.

Blogger.com - Get a blog! It's really fun to just talk about anything you want, particularly yourself. And the great thing is, no one has to listen if they don't want to! So you don't even have to feel bad for talking too much. And you can add little things to the sidebar!

DeviantArt - A website full of art. And all kinds too. Traditional, digital, jewelry, ceramics, film, literature, flash, and a lot lot more. My personal favorite is the emoticons. Not just :)'s or :('s here. Nope. There's giant 100x100 emoticons, very long emoticons, static emoticons, treecutting emoticons, pirate-ninja emoticons, swinging around the world emoticons, and there's just so many of them! I love them so much that I'll even provide a link to the emoticon section, since it's kinda hard to find.

FutureMe - Send an e-mail to your future self. Maybe in 2020 or something. If you sign up, you can change the e-mail it'll be sent to in case you change e-mails. All the future-emails you send will also be compiled in a little list. The list only shows the title of the e-mail you send though, so you can't cheat and look at your e-mail before you get it. It's fun! I sent one to myself, which is supposed to arrive in 2016, when I'll be in college!

Geni - Well, I just found this. It sounds interesting. Basically, it's an online family tree that you can make. You just add relatives, and you can make profiles and send stuff.

Now just 2 other sites.

1000AwesomeThings - 1000 random, awesome things like "stomping dry crunchy leaves on the sidewalk", "when the hiccups stop", and "typing in your username and password at the speed of light". Not completely up to 1000 yet, but still cool. :D

BookArmy - I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds cool! It says, "Never read a bad book again". Anyway, I'll try it later. You should try too.

And I'm listening to, "Where Do I Go?" by Marie Digby.

That's it!

1 comment:

Laurapoet said...

Luv this!! Can't wait to check out all the links!! :D